MADISON Wis. (WBAY) – The variety of folks being examined or testing optimistic for the coronavirus for the primary time reached a four-month low. The Wisconsin Division of Well being Providers (DHS) reported 3,912 check outcomes on Monday — the least since 3,818 outcomes obtained August 31.
Greater than 1 in Three checks got here again optimistic, for a complete 1,407 new circumstances. That’s the third time in 4 days there have been fewer than 2,000 optimistic checks, however the p.c that got here again optimistic is far larger than the 5% well being officers need to see to point the novel virus is getting beneath management. One other 2,505 folks examined unfavourable.
New circumstances have been reported in 65 of Wisconsin’s 72 counties. The exceptions have been Florence, Forest, Iron, Kewaunee, Lafayette, Pepin and Value counties.
9 extra folks have been added to the COVID-19 demise toll, bringing that to 4,884 complete deaths since March. The deaths have been reported in six counties: Eau Claire (2), Iowa, La Crosse (2), Milwaukee, Sawyer and Winnebago (2).
Case and demise numbers for Wisconsin counties listed by the DHS seem later on this article.
Wisconsin is creeping up on half 1,000,000 confirmed circumstances and 5,000 COVID-19 deaths. We may hit every of those milestones late this week or subsequent week, however contemplate a month in the past we have been on tempo to hit 500,000 circumstances by December 27 and 5,000 deaths on December 30. Though testing dipped through the vacation season, the 7-day averages for circumstances and deaths are roughly half what they have been one month in the past.
|Date||Complete circumstances||7-day common||Complete deaths||7-day common|
|One month in the past (Dec. 4)||404,555||4,103/day||3,625||53/day|
|At the moment (Jan. 4)||487,938||2,255/day||4,884||25/day|
The state says 2,853,618 folks have been examined for COVID-19. That’s equal to 49% of the state’s inhabitants examined in 11 months for the reason that first coronavirus affected person in Wisconsin was identified in Madison on February 5, 2020 (see associated story).
Up to now, 456,529 of those folks (93.6%) have recovered, although the DHS acknowledges some who match the broad definition could also be struggling lingering results from the illness. One other 26,389 (5.4%) are energetic circumstances — which means they have been identified up to now 30 days and haven’t been medically cleared.
The Wisconsin Nationwide Guard reviews it’s going to carry out its one millionth COVID-19 check this week. The Nationwide Guard has been accumulating specimens at community-based testing websites across the state since April, in addition to senior dwelling amenities, correctional amenities and a few well being care amenities. To seek out group testing websites close to you, contact your native well being division or go to https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/community-testing.htm.
The DHS additionally reviews numbers for folks examined a number of occasions, comparable to well being care employees or sufferers being handled for COVID-19. These reviews are all the time not less than a day behind; they’re very preliminary and embrace unfavourable checks present process additional assessment and take about two weeks to finalize. By these measures, the DHS reviews 2,783 checks accomplished Sunday, together with 881 that have been optimistic, and the 7-day positivity price was on the rise at 31%.
We emphasize that reporting one end result per particular person moderately than a number of checks is how the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention compiles its personal reviews and is taken into account a greater indicator of the unfold of the virus locally.
The state reviews 51 folks have been hospitalized for COVID-19 within the final 24-hour interval. So far, 21,580 folks have been hospitalized for COVID-19 remedy since February, which is 4.4% of all coronavirus circumstances — a share that hasn’t modified in months. The seven-day common for hospitalizations fell for a 3rd straight day to 96 sufferers per day, the bottom that common has been since October 7, based on our information.
The Wisconsin Hospital Affiliation (WHA) reported Monday there have been 1,122 COVID-19 sufferers hospitalized Monday throughout the state, together with 231 in intensive care.
|Hospitalized||24-hr change||ICU||24-hr change|
|Fox Valley area
(Eight counties, 13 hospitals)
(7 counties, 10 hospitals)
Day by day modifications in hospital figures take new admissions, discharges and deaths into consideration.
The state’s alternate care facility reported no sufferers being handled on the subject hospital and no sufferers receiving Bamlanivimab infusion remedy on Monday. The sphere hospital on the state fairgrounds helps relieve the pressure on state hospitals by treating sufferers who’re near being discharged however nonetheless want some care, comparable to oxygen, or individuals who want outpatient drug remedy. As of Friday, when officers final up to date this determine, 170 sufferers have been handled there for the reason that facility opened on October 14.
Monday, the Wisconsin Hospital Affiliation (WHA) reported 262 ICU beds (17.9%) and a pair of,164 of all sorts of medical beds (19.4%) — ICU, intermediate care, medical surgical and unfavourable circulation isolation — have been open within the state’s 134 hospitals.
Within the Fox Valley area, 19 ICU beds (18.3%) and 127 of all medical beds (14.9%) have been open among the many 13 hospitals in these eight counties.
Within the Northeast area, there have been 13 ICU beds (6.3%) and 197 of all medical beds (20.6%) open among the many 10 hospitals in seven counties.
These beds are for all sufferers, not simply COVID-19, and whether or not a mattress could be stuffed depends upon whether or not the hospital has the mandatory medical and help workers.
There’s no change from the WHA report for hospitals with lower than a 7-day provide of PPE (private protecting gear): 19 hospitals want robes, 12 want paper medical masks, 10 want goggles, and 9 want N95 masks.
MONDAY’S COUNTY CASE NUMBERS (Counties with new circumstances or deaths are indicated in daring)*
- Adams – 1,320 circumstances (+2) (11 deaths)
- Ashland – 1,015 circumstances (+2) (16 deaths)
- Barron – 4,549 circumstances (+15) (57 deaths)
- Bayfield – 938 circumstances (+2) (18 deaths)
- Brown – 26,467 circumstances (+4) (162 deaths)
- Buffalo – 1,010 circumstances (+5) (7 deaths)
- Burnett – 1,008 circumstances (+2) (19 deaths)
- Calumet – 4,732 circumstances (+10) (35 deaths)
- Chippewa – 6,004 circumstances (+32) (66 deaths)
- Clark – 2,844 circumstances (+3) (51 deaths)
- Columbia – 4,287 circumstances (+23) (32 deaths)
- Crawford – 1,562 circumstances (+2) (12 deaths)
- Dane – 34,013 circumstances (+206) (182 deaths)
- Dodge – 10,480 circumstances (+15) (125 deaths)
- Door – 2,067 circumstances (+2) (13 deaths)
- Douglas – 3,125 circumstances (+7) (17 deaths)
- Dunn – 3,580 circumstances (+9) (24 deaths)
- Eau Claire – 9,427 circumstances (+52) (79 deaths) (+2)
- Florence – 399 circumstances (12 deaths)
- Fond du Lac – 10,612 circumstances (+107) (67 deaths)
- Forest – 858 circumstances (22 deaths)
- Grant – 4,158 circumstances (+17) (77 deaths)
- Inexperienced – 2,373 circumstances (+8) (10 deaths)
- Inexperienced Lake – 1,402 circumstances (+2) (10 deaths)
- Iowa – 1,689 circumstances (+11) (Eight deaths) (+1)
- Iron – 423 circumstances (18 deaths)
- Jackson – 2,401 circumstances (+2) (18 deaths)
- Jefferson – 6,758 circumstances (+26) (57 deaths)
- Juneau – 2,507 circumstances (+7) (10 deaths)
- Kenosha – 12,513 circumstances (+25) (217 deaths)
- Kewaunee – 2,084 circumstances (24 deaths)
- La Crosse – 10,307 circumstances (+78) (58 deaths) (+2)
- Lafayette – 1,253 circumstances (+3) (5 deaths)
- Langlade – 1,803 circumstances (+3) (30 deaths)
- Lincoln – 2,506 circumstances (+32) (46 deaths)
- Manitowoc – 6,158 circumstances (+57) (51 deaths)
- Marathon – 12,092 circumstances (+79) (160 deaths)
- Marinette – 3,565 circumstances (+4) (45 deaths)
- Marquette – 1,164 circumstances (+3) (18 deaths)
- Menominee – 717 circumstances (+1) (10 deaths)
- Milwaukee – 85,745 (+218) (985 deaths) (+1)
- Monroe – 3,510 circumstances (+13) (25 deaths)
- Oconto – 3,843 circumstances (+14) (38 deaths)
- Oneida – 2,831 circumstances (+1) (47 deaths)
- Outagamie – 16,375 circumstances (+40) (159 deaths)
- Ozaukee – 6,406 circumstances (+8) (51 deaths)
- Pepin – 681 circumstances (5 deaths)
- Pierce – 2,970 circumstances (+6) (30 deaths)
- Polk – 3,107 circumstances (+5) (23 deaths)
- Portage – 5,629 circumstances (+19) (52 deaths)
- Value – 956 circumstances (5 deaths)
- Racine – 17,823 circumstances (+8) (249 deaths)
- Richland – 1,117 circumstances (+7) (13 deaths)
- Rock – 12,327 circumstances (+38) (115 deaths)
- Rusk – 1,116 circumstances (+1) (13 deaths)
- Sauk – 4,553 circumstances (+8) (27 deaths)
- Sawyer – 1,252 circumstances (+1) (12 deaths) (+1)
- Shawano – 4,220 circumstances (+18) (57 deaths)
- Sheboygan – 11,483 circumstances (+59) (94 deaths)
- St. Croix – 5,483 circumstances (+10) (28 deaths)
- Taylor – 1,604 circumstances (+1) (14 deaths)
- Trempealeau – 3,026 circumstances (+19) (29 deaths)
- Vernon – 1,561 circumstances (+1) (30 deaths)
- Vilas – 1,617 circumstances (+8) (21 deaths)
- Walworth – 7,755 circumstances (+34) (95 deaths)
- Washburn – 1,046 circumstances (+1) (12 deaths)
- Washington – 11,830 circumstances (+22) (97 deaths)
- Waukesha – 34,541 circumstances (+176) (344 deaths)
- Waupaca – 4,183 circumstances (+14) (98 deaths)
- Waushara – 1,929 circumstances (+2) (17 deaths)
- Winnebago – 15,320 circumstances (+14) (152 deaths) (+2)
- Wooden – 5,758 circumstances (+12) (48 deaths)
Michigan’s Higher Peninsula (displays updates since Jan. 2)**
- Alger – 195 circumstances (+5) (1 demise)
- Baraga – 472 circumstances (+13) (28 deaths)
- Chippewa – 603 circumstances (+47) (12 deaths)
- Delta – 2,503 circumstances (+29) (60 deaths)
- Dickinson – 2,025 circumstances (+39) (54 deaths)
- Gogebic – 712 circumstances (+4) (16 deaths) (+1)
- Houghton – 1,610 circumstances (+28) (26 deaths) (+1)
- Iron – 778 circumstances (+9) (32 deaths)
- Keweenaw – 75 circumstances (+8) (1 demise)
- Luce – 127 circumstances
- Mackinac – 263 circumstances (+3) (Three deaths) (+1)
- Marquette – 3,179 circumstances (+40) (51 deaths)
- Menominee – 1,495 circumstances (+44) (25 deaths)
- Ontonagon – 278 circumstances (+1) (15 deaths)
- Schoolcraft – 212 circumstances (+2) (Three deaths)
* Circumstances and deaths are from the every day DHS COVID-19 reviews, which can differ from native well being division numbers. The DHS reviews circumstances from all well being departments inside a county’s boundaries, together with tribal, municipal and county well being departments; county web sites could not. Additionally, public well being departments replace their information at numerous occasions, whereas the DHS freezes the numbers it receives by the identical time each day to compile the afternoon report.
The DHS reviews deaths attributed to COVID-19 or during which COVID-19 contributed to their demise. The general public severely affected by the coronavirus have underlying sicknesses or situations, comparable to diabetes, coronary heart illness or weight problems, which raises an individual’s danger of dying from COVID-19. They might’ve lived longer if not for his or her an infection. The state could revise case and demise numbers after additional assessment, such because the sufferer’s residence, duplicated information, or a correction in lab outcomes. Particulars could be discovered on the DHS web site and Steadily Requested Questions.
**The state of Michigan doesn’t replace numbers on Sundays. Monday’s numbers embrace updates since Saturday’s reporting deadline.
COVID-19 Tracing App
Wisconsin’s COVID-19 tracing app, “Wisconsin Publicity Notification,” is out there for iOS and Android smartphones. No obtain is required for iPhones. The Android app is out there on Google Play. When two telephones with the app (and presumably their homeowners) are shut sufficient, for lengthy sufficient, they’ll anonymously share a random string of numbers through Bluetooth. If somebody checks optimistic for the coronavirus, they’ll obtain a code to kind into the app. In case your telephones “pinged” one another within the final 14 days, you’ll obtain a push notification that you’re prone to publicity. The app doesn’t gather private info or location info, so that you received’t know from whom or the place, however you may be instructed what day the publicity may need occurred in an effort to quarantine for the suitable period of time.
COVID-19 Residence Testing
Gov. Tony Evers introduced at-home COVID-19 testing kits might be made obtainable — without spending a dime — to anybody who desires them. An individual can check themselves or members of the family, even when they don’t have signs, then ship it to a lab for testing. The Vault Medical Providers equipment is the primary saliva check to get emergency-use authorization from the FDA and usually prices $119. CLICK HERE for particulars and a hyperlink to request a check equipment.
As of Tuesday, December 29, the state says 47,157 COVID-19 vaccines out of the 156,875 vaccines shipped have been administered. The state began giving out the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine on Dec. 14th, with 40,850 of them being administered thus far. Moderna vaccinations began Dec. 22nd, and 6,306 of them have been administered. As well as, 29,000 doses might be allotted to vaccinating residents and workers members at long-term care amenities. The state is updating vaccine info at dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine.htm.
RELATED: Wisconsin begins vaccinating residents, workers in long-term care amenities with assist of CVS Well being
Wisconsin has additionally launched a COVID-19 vaccine information web page that tracks the variety of pictures given out and shipped to the state. TRACK STATEWIDE VACCINE DATA HERE: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine-data.htm
RELATED: Wisconsin launches COVID vaccine information web page
The Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention recognized these as attainable signs of COVID-19:
- Fever of 100.Four or larger
- Shortness of breath
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle ache
- Sore throat
- New lack of style or odor
- The coronavirus is a brand new, or “novel,” virus. No person has a pure immunity to it. Kids and youths appear to get well greatest from the virus. Older folks and people with underlying well being situations (coronary heart illness, diabetes, lung illness) are thought of at excessive danger, based on the CDC. Precautions are additionally wanted round folks with growing or weakened immune methods.
- To assist forestall the unfold of the virus:
- Keep not less than six ft away from different folks
- Keep away from shut contact with people who find themselves or seem sick
- Keep at dwelling as a lot as attainable
- Cancel occasions and keep away from teams, gatherings, play dates and nonessential appointments
Copyright 2021 WBAY. All rights reserved.