German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD is taking applications for the DAAD EPOS Scholarship award for foreign students in Germany for the 2021/22 school session.
With its development-focused postgraduate study programs, the DAAD advances the training of specialists from developing and newly industrialized nations. Well-trained local specialists, who are networked with foreign partners, play a crucial part in the sustainable development of their nations. They are the best assurance for a better future with less poverty, more education, and good health for all.
The DAAD EPOS Scholarship provides foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized nations from all fields and with a minimum of two years of professional experience the opportunity to enrol in a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-accredited German university, and in exceptional situations to take a PhD degree and to acquire a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Worth of DAAD EPOS Scholarship
- Based on the academic level, monthly allowance of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for PhD candidates.
- Allowance towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover.
- Travel stipend, unless these costs are provided by the home country or another source of funding.
Under certain situation, scholarship beneficiaries may receive the following extra benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Monthly stipend for accompanying members of the family.
Eligibility for DAAD EPOS Scholarship
To be qualified for the DAAD EPOS Scholarship, graduates with a minimum of two years of professional experience from select nations need the following:
- fulfill the required academic conditions and can be expected to successfully finish a study program in Germany (above-average grade for the first academic exam – top performance third, language skills).
- have a Bachelor’s degree program (typically a four-year course) in a relevant subject.
- possess at least two years of professional experience.
- demonstrate that their motivation is development-related and will be required to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional setting after their training/scholarship.
- Works either for a public organization or a state or private organization in a developing nation and, as such, is involved in the planning and implementation of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having an influence on technological, economic or social areas.
- For study programs in German (scholarship award comprises a preparatory 6-month German language program in Germany): Successful passing of the language test DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 prior to the start of the study program. Therefore, at least a German language level of B1 at the period of application is a criteria, that needs to be evidenced by providing a current certificate.
Note: It is not possible to pass the needed German language programs (DSH or TestDaF) without any former basic understanding the German language (at least B1 Level), even with the foregoing six-month intensive program in Germany. Passing the language test is a formal precondition for matriculation at the respective German university.
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
Note: Some courses may expect a different level. For detailed information see the relevant course description on the following pages.
How to Apply for DAAD EPOS Scholarship
All applications must be made online through the official website.
Application and Selection Procedure
Step 1: You forward your complete application(s) directly to the applicable postgraduate program.
Step 2: A selection panel suggests potential applicants for a DAAD scholarship.
Step 3: The nominated applicants will be gotten in touch with by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal.
Step 4: The selection procedure will be finalized, and the nominated applicants will be notified accordingly.
Ensure that you have a copy of each credential of your application ready, as those credentials (as PDF files) have to be submitted to the DAAD Portal in case you are nominated for a DAAD scholarship!
- Deadlines vary according to courses. Consult the official website for further details.
Not interested in DAAD EPOS Scholarship? See other Germany Scholarships here