Copenhagen Business School (CBS)’s Department of International Economics, Government and Business (EGB) in Denmark is providing a number of available PhD scholarships in 2021.
The department is calling for PhD projects that cover the study of states, markets, and global firms in the context of the issues faced by growing and advanced economies.
EGB’s research is focused on global business, economics, and politics, and is of direct significance to business, policy-makers and academics. Teaching responsibilities of the Department includes undergraduate and graduate teaching in the programs International Business and Politics, International Business, and International Business in Asia.
The three-year PhD program at CBS enables you to carry out research under the guidance of CBS (associate) professors, backed by research training courses. The program is highly global, and you are required to take part in international research conferences and to spend time overseas as a visiting PhD student. It is also expected that candidates show an interest in joining the EGB´s research environment.
CBS PhD graduates are regarded in high esteem not only in academic world and research institutions but also in government and business where their research experiences are increasingly demanded. One-third of CBS PhD graduates proceed to employment outside universities and state-owned research institutions. Recent EGB alumni have been successfully employed at Texas A&M University and Cornell University.
Worth of PhD Scholarships at CBS Denmark
- The PhD Scholarships run for a period of 3 years and comprises teaching obligations equal to ½ year’s work (840 work hours).
- The PhD Scholarships are completely salaried positions, in line with the national Danish collective agreement.
- The scholarships comprise tuition fees, office space, travel awards plus a salary, presently starting with per month app. DKK 26.886,93 up to DKK 32.470,63 (gross salary) based on seniority, plus a pension contribution amounting to 17,1 % of 85 per cent of the base salary.
Eligibility for PhD Scholarships at CBS Denmark
- The department will afford priority to candidates with high grades from their universities.
- Copenhagen Business School has a huge commitment to the excellence, uniqueness and relevance of its teaching and research programs.
- Applicants who wish to be a part of them should display enthusiasm for working in an establishment of this type (highlighting, for instance, relevant experience in academia, business, academic and dissemination activities).
- To be given consideration, the applicant must have a basic training at the Masters level (similar to the 3 + 2 Bologna process, and an aggregate of 180+120 ECTS).
- An academic background in the social sciences is required.
- Candidates who hold a one year Master’s degree may also be given consideration for evaluation.
- The candidate must have successfully finished the Master´s degree program before starting PhD at CBS.
- The candidate has to be fluent in English.
How to Apply for PhD Scholarships at CBS Denmark
- The application should comprise a 5-page project description.
- This research proposal must comprise a presentation of an original research question, an explanation of the initial theoretical framework and methodology, a presentation of the recommended empirical material and also a work plan.
- Furthermore to the research proposal, the application should include copies of a Master’s degree certificate or other certificates of an equivalent level, brief curriculum vitae (CV), a list of papers and publications, and one copy of a chosen written work (e.g. Master’s thesis).
- Candidates should enclose documentation for English language skills.
- All candidates will be informed of their status in the hiring process shortly after the application closing date.
- Candidates chosen for evaluation will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the outcome of the evaluation.
- Once the recruitment procedure is concluded, each candidates will be informed of the outcome of their application.
- The application has to be sent through the electronic recruitment system, using the link provided.
- Copenhagen Business School has to receive all application material, with all appendices by the application closing date.
- Applications close July 1, 2021
Not interested in PhD Scholarships at CBS Denmark? See other Europe Scholarships here