Spectrum TV is the tv division of Constitution Communications. It provides a variety of cable TV packages for its clients, together with methods to observe TV with out cable. Most just lately, it began providing semi-exclusive TV reveals for its subscribers.
Right here’s a have a look at every thing it is advisable learn about Spectrum TV. We’ll replace this text if there are any modifications to its plans and companies.
What’s Spectrum TV?
As said, Spectrum TV is the TV division of Constitution Communications, which additionally provides web entry, landline cellphone companies, and most just lately cell phone companies through Spectrum Cellular. Constitution began utilizing the Spectrum model identify for its TV, web, and cellphone companies in 2014. It’s at the moment the third largest pay-TV service within the US, behind solely AT&T and Comcast. It’s obtainable in components of 41 states.
Learn extra: Spectrum Cellular plans
Spectrum TV plans
There are a selection of various plans, each for individuals who have a regular cable TV connection at house and for many who need to lower the twine.
Cable TV plans
Spectrum TV provides 4 principal plans for cable TV subscribers. All plans additionally enable customers to entry the Spectrum TV app for PCs, cell units, and sensible TVs, together with 1000’s of free and paid on-demand TV reveals and films. The precise channel lineup for every plan could differ relying in your location. Different premium channels could also be added to every plan for added charges.
- Alternative: Your entire native channels, and 10 extras that you may select from an inventory of 72 obtainable channels. The plan begins at $34.99 a month.
- Choose: Over 125 HD channels, beginning at $44.99 a month.
- Silver: Over 175 HD channels, together with HBO, NFL Community, and Showtime, together with free entry to the HBO Max streaming service, beginning at $74.99 a month.
- Gold: Over 200 channels together with HBO, NFL Community, Showtime, The Film Channel, Starz, and Starz Encore, together with entry to the HBO Max streaming service, beginning at $94.99 a month.
All of those plans require a set-top field, DVR field, or CableCARD machine linked to your house TV. Prospects may also entry these channels with the Spectrum TV app. Take into account that Constitution/Spectrum additionally provides bundles with web entry, phone, and cell service for different charges too. The corporate additionally provides cable TV plans particularly for Latino audiences.
Web-only clients may also subscribe to Spectrum TV Stream, which provides all of the native TV channels and 25 different cable TV channels for $34.99. Further channels can be found for added charges. Those self same internet-only clients may also select to select Spectrum TV Necessities, which provides 62 channels, however no native channels, for $14.99 a month. Each of those plans are solely obtainable to stream on PC and the Spectrum TV app for cell units and sensible TVs.
Spectrum Information/Spectrum Sports activities
Along with offering cable channels from different firms, Constitution additionally provides its personal programming in sure markets. Spectrum Information provides native information 24 hours a day in 10 US states, together with New York Metropolis. As well as, Spectrum Sports activities operates regional sports activities channels in 4 US states. That features New York Metropolis, the place the channel reveals reside New York Mets video games, and Los Angeles, which reveals native LA Lakers and LA Dodgers video games.
Spectrum TV app
TV clients may also entry the Spectrum TV app which permits customers to entry reside TV channels on their PC, sensible TV, or cell machine at house and away from house. Some channels, resembling native broadcast channels will not be obtainable on the app if isn’t linked to a Spectrum web supply. The purposes additionally supply full entry to the cable TV service’s on-demand library of TV reveals and films. The cell apps can obtain these applications for offline viewing. Moreover, you possibly can program your house DVR remotely with the app.
At present, the app’s supported units embrace:
- iOS-based telephones and tablets
- Apple TV set-top containers
- Android-based telephones and tablets
- Amazon Hearth tablets
- Samsung sensible TVs
- Microsoft Xbox One consoles
As well as, the cell apps additionally assist Google Chromecast dongles and TVs, which permit them to forged their apps on these units.
Till just lately, a Spectrum TV app was additionally obtainable for Roku sensible TVs and units. Nonetheless, in mid-December 2020, Spectrum introduced that it had not been capable of attain a brand new settlement with Roku. In consequence, the Spectrum TV app was faraway from Roku’s obtain library. Customers who already downloaded the app on their Roku machine can proceed to make use of it, however they’re suggested to not delete the app from their machine.
Beginning in 2018, Spectrum TV began exhibiting unique programming through its on-demand service underneath the Spectrum Originals model. These reveals are semi-exclusive to the service. Meaning they both are unique to the US market or launched first for Spectrum clients earlier than changing into obtainable on different retailers.
Checklist of at the moment obtainable reveals
- LA’s Most interesting — A spin-off of the film Unhealthy Boys II. The motion collection stars Gabrielle Union as LAPD Detective Sydney “Syd” Burnet, and Jessica Alba as her LAPD accomplice Nancy McKenna (two seasons, now canceled).
- Mad About You — Helen Hunt and Paul Reiser reprise their roles of Jamie and Paul Buchman on this sequel to their hit 1990s sitcom (one season).
- Curfew — It is a UK import collection. It’s set within the close to future after a lethal virus causes the federal government to impose a 12-hour complete curfew at evening. A gaggle of drivers decides to compete in an unlawful road race. The winner will be capable of be free of presidency management (one season, canceled).
- Manhunt: Lethal Video games — A docudrama centering on the seek for the person liable for the 1996 Olympic bombing in Atlanta (one restricted collection).
- Temple — That is one other UK import collection. It stars Mark Robust as a health care provider who performs surgical procedure in an unlawful clinic within the London Underground (one season).
- Paradise Misplaced — A gothic drama set in a small Mississippi city, centering on a household that strikes there, as they shortly uncover main secrets and techniques (one season, canceled).
- Aspect Video games — A Spanish-language drama a couple of skilled soccer staff (one season).
- Final Likelihood U (working title) — Courtney Cox will star on this drama, enjoying an instructional advisor at a college identified for its heavy athletics program. The present relies partially on Netflix’s Final Likelihood U documentary collection.
- Tinseltown — Set within the early 20th century, this drama will observe 4 feminine filmmakers who need to hit it massive throughout Hollywood’s silent film period.
- George & Tammy — This restricted collection will star Jessica Chastain who will play legendary nation singer Tammy Wynette. It can additionally deal with her marriage to a different nation music legend, George Jones.
- Angela Black — This UK import will star Joanne Froggatt because the title character — a seemingly regular housewife who will not be all she first seems to be.
- Eden — This will probably be an Australian import collection, set in a fictional oceanside city. It looks as if the right place till a woman from the city goes lacking.
- Beacon 23 — Will probably be a sci-fi collection set on the fringe of the identified universe, the place two individuals are trapped inside a futuristic lighthouse.
- The Second Wave — A six-episode collection set in New York Metropolis, the place a deadlier model of the present coronavirus is spreading and forcing its residents to cope with the attainable finish of the world.