MADISON Wis. (WBAY) – Wisconsin is nearing an undesirable milestone of 5,000 COVID-19 deaths eleven months after the virus that causes COVID-19 first appeared in Wisconsin. Tuesday, the Wisconsin Division of Well being Companies added 95 extra individuals to the demise toll, which is now 4,979, together with 22 individuals from Northeast Wisconsin. The demise price crept again as much as 1.01% of all identified coronavirus circumstances.
Deaths have been reported in 30 of Wisconsin’s 72 counties: Brown (4), Burnett (2), Chippewa, Dane (8), Dodge, Door, Eau Claire, Fond du Lac (2), Inexperienced, Kenosha (9), La Crosse, Lincoln (3), Marinette (3), Oconto (2), Outagamie (2), Ozaukee, Portage, Racine (7), Rock (3), Sauk (2), Shawano (2), Trempealeau, Walworth (4), Washburn, Washington (3), Waukesha (14), Waushara (2), Winnebago (3) and Wooden (5).
The primary coronavirus case in Wisconsin was identified eleven months in the past at the moment, on February 5, 2020, when an individual coming back from a private journey to China went immediately from their flight to U.W. Hospital in Madison. The affected person was handled for signs and despatched residence to quarantine (see associated story).
Within the 335 days since, virtually 500,000 individuals in Wisconsin (491,341) have been identified with the COVID-19 virus and virtually 5,000 individuals have died from the illness, making it equal to the third-leading reason for demise in Wisconsin behind most cancers and coronary heart illness — surpassing the flu and pneumonia; suicide; liver, kidney and respiratory ailments; stroke; diabetes; Alzheimer illness; and all kinds of accidents — based mostly on the newest ranked information obtainable from the CDC. A chart with the cumulative numbers by month seems later on this article. The state can also be averaging greater than 4,200 vaccinations towards COVID-19 every day.
The Wisconsin Division of Well being Companies reviews testing discovered 3,403 new coronavirus circumstances Tuesday in 69 counties. There have been 8,208 outcomes for individuals being examined or testing optimistic for the primary time, giving a positivity price of 41.46%.
The state has averaged 2,401 new circumstances and 28 deaths every day over the previous 7 days.
As at all times, case and demise numbers by county are listed later on this article.
The DHS says 216 individuals have been hospitalized up to now 24 hours for COVID-19. That’s probably the most hospitalizations in 24 hours because the file 277 hospitalizations on December 1 and follows 4 days with COVID-19 hospitalizations below 100. It raised the seven-day common for hospitalizations to 102 sufferers per day after falling to a three-month low Monday.
A complete 21,796 individuals have ever been hospitalized for COVID-19 therapy, which is 4.4% of all coronavirus circumstances — a share that hasn’t modified in months.
The Wisconsin Hospital Affiliation (WHA) reported there have been 1,102 COVID-19 sufferers hospitalized throughout the state Tuesday, together with 245 in intensive care.
|Hospitalized||24-hr change||ICU||24-hr change|
|Fox Valley area
(Eight counties, 13 hospitals)
(7 counties, 10 hospitals)
Day by day adjustments in hospital figures take new admissions, discharges and deaths into consideration.
The state’s alternate care facility reported no sufferers receiving Bamlanivimab infusion remedy as off 11 A.M. Tuesday. An replace on sufferers on the facility wasn’t obtainable on the time of this writing; there have been no sufferers on Monday. The sector hospital on the state fairgrounds helps relieve the pressure on state hospitals by treating sufferers who’re near being discharged however nonetheless want some care, similar to oxygen, or individuals who want outpatient drug remedy.
Monday, the newest figures obtainable, the Wisconsin Hospital Affiliation (WHA) reported 218 ICU beds (14.9%) and 1,783 of all kinds of medical beds (16%) — ICU, intermediate care, medical surgical and unfavourable circulation isolation — have been open within the state’s 134 hospitals.
Within the Fox Valley area, 25 ICU beds (24%) and 129 of all medical beds (15.1%) have been open among the many 13 hospitals in these eight counties.
Within the Northeast area, there have been 18 ICU beds (8.7%) and 212 of all medical beds (22.2%) open among the many 10 hospitals in seven counties.
These beds are for all sufferers, not simply COVID-19, and whether or not a mattress could be crammed will depend on whether or not the hospital has the mandatory medical and help workers.
At present, there are 27,576 (5.6%) are energetic coronavirus circumstances — which means they have been identified up to now 30 days and haven’t been medically cleared. That’s up from 5.4% of circumstances Monday. One other 458,650 individuals identified (93.4%) have recovered, although the DHS acknowledges some who match the broad definition could also be struggling lingering results from the illness. One other
Tuesday, Prevea Well being introduced a COVID Restoration Clinic for individuals struggling signs 14 days or longer after their prognosis, similar to physique aches or joint ache, coughing, shortness of breath, fatigue, problem sleeping, complications, “mind fog,” dizziness or gastrointestinal points. Contact your Prevea major care supplier or, for those who don’t have a Prevea supplier, name (920) 272-3540 within the Inexperienced Bay space or Lakeshore or (920) 846-8187 within the Oconto Falls space.
The DHS launched a web site updating what number of vaccines have been allotted and administered. The state is averaging 4,280 vaccinations a day since December 15. As of Tuesday, 64,674 Pfizer vaccines and 20,935 Moderna vaccines for COVID-19 have been administered.
We’ve heard from a variety of native well being departments saying they’re inundated by individuals asking once they can get a COVID-19 vaccine. Well being departments will make it very well-known by way of the information media and social media once they’re able to vaccinate sure age teams after which most of the people.
Proper now, the vaccine provide is dedicated to well being care staff and the residents and workers at nursing properties and senior residing services. Subsequent in line are EMS crews and different important frontline staff; the CDC additionally recommends individuals 75 and older get vaccinated at this stage. Following these, the CDC recommends vaccinating individuals 65 and older, individuals 16 and older who’ve underlying medical situations, and extra important staff.
The state says 2,861,826 individuals have been examined for COVID-19. That’s equal to 49.2% of the state’s inhabitants.
The Wisconsin Nationwide Guard reviews it is going to carry out its one millionth COVID-19 check this week. The Nationwide Guard has been accumulating specimens at community-based testing websites across the state since April, in addition to senior residing services, correctional services and a few well being care services. To search out neighborhood testing websites close to you, contact your native well being division or go to https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/community-testing.htm.
Along with the official every day numbers, the DHS reviews outcomes for individuals examined a number of occasions, similar to well being care staff or sufferers being handled for COVID-19. By these measures, the DHS acquired 14,092 outcomes Monday, together with 1,672 that have been optimistic, and the 7-day positivity price was 11.2%. These outcomes are very preliminary and at the very least a day behind the official state reporting; they embody unfavourable exams present process additional overview and take about two weeks to finalize. We emphasize that reporting one consequence per particular person quite than a number of exams is taken into account a greater indicator of the virus’s unfold locally and is how the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention compiles its personal reviews.
11 Months of Coronavirus in Wisconsin
Numbers within the chart are cumulative
|Feb. 5, 2020||1||1|
|April 5||25,169||2,267||12||Not obtainable|
|Jan. 5, 2021||2,370,485||491,341||4,979||21,796|
Well being Secretary-designee Andrea Palm says the state’s COVID-19 contact tracing app has been downloaded a million occasions because it debuted for iOS and Android cellular gadgets two weeks in the past. When two gadgets which have the app put in are shut sufficient for lengthy sufficient, they share a string of random numbers. If an individual exams optimistic for the coronavirus, that particular person can enter a code to anonymously notify individuals whose cellular gadgets have a match (see associated story).
TUESDAY’S COUNTY CASE NUMBERS (Counties with new circumstances or deaths are indicated in daring)*
- Adams – 1,320 circumstances (11 deaths)
- Ashland – 1,022 circumstances (+7) (16 deaths)
- Barron – 4,567 circumstances (+18) (57 deaths)
- Bayfield – 940 circumstances (+2) (18 deaths)
- Brown – 26,810 circumstances (+343) (166 deaths) (+4)
- Buffalo – 1,023 circumstances (+13) (7 deaths)
- Burnett – 1,009 circumstances (+1) (21 deaths) (+2)
- Calumet – 4,751 circumstances (+19) (35 deaths)
- Chippewa – 6,015 circumstances (+11) (67 deaths) (+1)
- Clark – 2,859 circumstances (+15) (51 deaths)
- Columbia – 4,307 circumstances (+20) (32 deaths)
- Crawford – 1,564 circumstances (+2) (12 deaths)
- Dane – 34,142 circumstances (+129) (190 deaths) (+8)
- Dodge – 10,492 circumstances (+12) (126 deaths) (+1)
- Door – 2,072 circumstances (+5) (14 deaths) (+1)
- Douglas – 3,170 circumstances (+45) (17 deaths)
- Dunn – 3,595 circumstances (+15) (24 deaths)
- Eau Claire – 9,464 circumstances (+37) (80 deaths) (+1)
- Florence – 405 circumstances (+6) (12 deaths)
- Fond du Lac – 10,652 circumstances (+40) (69 deaths) (+2)
- Forest – 867 circumstances (+9) (22 deaths)
- Grant – 4,174 circumstances (+16) (77 deaths)
- Inexperienced – 2,373 circumstances (11 deaths) (+1)
- Inexperienced Lake – 1,407 circumstances (+5) (10 deaths)
- Iowa – 1,699 circumstances (+10) (Eight deaths)
- Iron – 423 circumstances (18 deaths)
- Jackson – 2,415 circumstances (+14) (18 deaths)
- Jefferson – 6,778 circumstances (+20) (57 deaths)
- Juneau – 2,533 circumstances (+26) (10 deaths)
- Kenosha – 12,656 circumstances (+143) (226 deaths) (+9)
- Kewaunee – 2,109 circumstances (+25) (24 deaths)
- La Crosse – 10,386 circumstances (+79) (59 deaths) (+1)
- Lafayette – 1,254 circumstances (+1) (5 deaths)
- Langlade – 1,816 circumstances (+12) (30 deaths)
- Lincoln – 2,530 circumstances (+17) (49 deaths) (+3)
- Manitowoc – 6,195 circumstances (+22) (51 deaths)
- Marathon – 12,201 circumstances (+90) (160 deaths)
- Marinette – 3,584 circumstances (+9) (48 deaths) (+3)
- Marquette – 1,169 circumstances (+5) (18 deaths)
- Menominee – 731 circumstances (+4) (10 deaths)
- Milwaukee – 86,434 (+581) (988 deaths) (+3)
- Monroe – 3,549 circumstances (+39) (25 deaths)
- Oconto – 3,850 circumstances (+7) (40 deaths) (+2)
- Oneida – 2,857 circumstances (+26) (47 deaths)
- Outagamie – 16,451 circumstances (+76) (161 deaths) (+2)
- Ozaukee – 6,465 circumstances (+59) (54 deaths) (+3)
- Pepin – 686 circumstances (+5) (5 deaths)
- Pierce – 2,993 circumstances (+23) (30 deaths)
- Polk – 3,127 circumstances (+20) (23 deaths)
- Portage – 5,656 circumstances (+27) (53 deaths) (+1)
- Worth – 965 circumstances (+9) (5 deaths)
- Racine – 18,068 circumstances (+245) (256 deaths) (+7)
- Richland – 1,120 circumstances (+3) (13 deaths)
- Rock – 12,427 circumstances (+100) (118 deaths) (+3)
- Rusk – 1,121 circumstances (+5) (13 deaths)
- Sauk – 4,573 circumstances (+20) (29 deaths) (+2)
- Sawyer – 1,255 circumstances (+3) (12 deaths)
- Shawano – 4,236 circumstances (+16) (59 deaths) (+2)
- Sheboygan – 11,514 circumstances (+31) (94 deaths)
- St. Croix – 5,520 circumstances (+37) (28 deaths)
- Taylor – 1,606 circumstances (+2) (14 deaths)
- Trempealeau – 3,037 circumstances (+11) (30 deaths) (+1)
- Vernon – 1,568 circumstances (+7) (30 deaths)
- Vilas – 1,633 circumstances (+16) (21 deaths)
- Walworth – 7,839 circumstances (+84) (99 deaths) (+4)
- Washburn – 1,051 circumstances (+5) (13 deaths) (+1)
- Washington – 11,925 circumstances (+95) (100 deaths) (+3)
- Waukesha – 35,046 circumstances (+505) (358 deaths) (+14)
- Waupaca – 4,194 circumstances (+11) (98 deaths)
- Waushara – 1,930 circumstances (+1) (19 deaths) (+2)
- Winnebago – 15,378 circumstances (+58) (155 deaths) (+3)
- Wooden – 5,788 circumstances (+30) (53 deaths) (+5)
Michigan’s Higher Peninsula **
- Alger – 195 circumstances (1 demise)
- Baraga – 474 circumstances (+2) (29 deaths) (+1)
- Chippewa – 618 circumstances (+15) (13 deaths) (+1)
- Delta – 2,512 circumstances (+9) (60 deaths)
- Dickinson – 2,031 circumstances (+6) (56 deaths) (+2)
- Gogebic – 716 circumstances (+4) (16 deaths)
- Houghton – 1,636 circumstances (+26) (26 deaths)
- Iron – 780 circumstances (+2) (32 deaths)
- Keweenaw – 75 circumstances (1 demise)
- Luce – 127 circumstances
- Mackinac – 263 circumstances (Three deaths)
- Marquette – 3,181 circumstances (+2) (51 deaths)
- Menominee – 1,501 circumstances (+6) (26 deaths) (+1)
- Ontonagon – 278 circumstances (15 deaths)
- Schoolcraft – 216 circumstances (+4) (Three deaths)
* Instances and deaths are from the every day DHS COVID-19 reviews, which can differ from native well being division numbers. The DHS reviews circumstances from all well being departments inside a county’s boundaries, together with tribal, municipal and county well being departments; county web sites might not. Additionally, public well being departments replace their information at varied occasions, whereas the DHS freezes the numbers it receives by the identical time day by day to compile the afternoon report.
The DHS reviews deaths attributed to COVID-19 or wherein COVID-19 contributed to their demise. The general public severely affected by the coronavirus have underlying sicknesses or situations, similar to diabetes, coronary heart illness or weight problems, which raises an individual’s threat of dying from COVID-19. They’d’ve lived longer if not for his or her an infection. The state might revise case and demise numbers after additional overview, such because the sufferer’s residence, duplicated data, or a correction in lab outcomes. Particulars could be discovered on the DHS web site and Steadily Requested Questions.
**The state of Michigan doesn’t replace numbers on Sundays. Monday’s numbers embody updates since Saturday’s reporting deadline.
COVID-19 Tracing App
Wisconsin’s COVID-19 tracing app, “Wisconsin Publicity Notification,” is obtainable for iOS and Android smartphones. No obtain is required for iPhones. The Android app is obtainable on Google Play. When two telephones with the app (and presumably their homeowners) are shut sufficient, for lengthy sufficient, they’ll anonymously share a random string of numbers through Bluetooth. If somebody exams optimistic for the coronavirus, they’ll obtain a code to kind into the app. In case your telephones “pinged” one another within the final 14 days, you’ll obtain a push notification that you’re vulnerable to publicity. The app doesn’t acquire private data or location data, so that you gained’t know from whom or the place, however you’ll be instructed what day the publicity might need occurred in an effort to quarantine for the suitable period of time.
COVID-19 Dwelling Testing
Gov. Tony Evers introduced at-home COVID-19 testing kits shall be made obtainable — totally free — to anybody who needs them. An individual can check themselves or relations, even when they don’t have signs, then ship it to a lab for testing. The Vault Medical Companies equipment is the primary saliva check to get emergency-use authorization from the FDA and usually prices $119. CLICK HERE for particulars and a hyperlink to request a check equipment.
As of Tuesday, December 29, the state says 47,157 COVID-19 vaccines out of the 156,875 vaccines shipped have been administered. The state began giving out the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine on Dec. 14th, with 40,850 of them being administered to this point. Moderna vaccinations began Dec. 22nd, and 6,306 of them have been administered. As well as, 29,000 doses shall be allotted to vaccinating residents and workers members at long-term care services. The state is updating vaccine data at dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine.htm.
Wisconsin has additionally launched a COVID-19 vaccine information web page that tracks the variety of pictures given out and shipped to the state. TRACK STATEWIDE VACCINE DATA HERE: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine-data.htm
The Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention recognized these as potential signs of COVID-19:
- Fever of 100.Four or increased
- Shortness of breath
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle ache
- Sore throat
- New lack of style or odor
- The coronavirus is a brand new, or “novel,” virus. No one has a pure immunity to it. Youngsters and youths appear to recuperate finest from the virus. Older individuals and people with underlying well being situations (coronary heart illness, diabetes, lung illness) are thought-about at excessive threat, in line with the CDC. Precautions are additionally wanted round individuals with growing or weakened immune programs.
- To assist stop the unfold of the virus:
- Keep at the very least six toes away from different individuals
- Keep away from shut contact with people who find themselves or seem sick
- Keep at residence as a lot as potential
- Cancel occasions and keep away from teams, gatherings, play dates and nonessential appointments
Copyright 2021 WBAY. All rights reserved.